Sunday 22 December 2013

Journey to the train station

I got up in the morning and had a wash, grabbing an apple while I stuffed my things back into backpack again. It was now time to go to the family I would be living with  for the next year.


I didn't get to see much of Shanghai, and what I did was just concrete mostly. The train station looked enormous and inside was overwhelming. I had to go through a series of metal detectors and X-rays to get in, and after 10 minutes of being there I'd had 500 yuan stolen from my pocket. 

My contact bought my ticket for me, which I needed to show my passport for, for some reason, and EVENTUALLY got onto the right train, which was clean and quiet. 


After just over an hour I arrived at a deserted platform, somehow I managed to shift my enormous bags out of the train before the doors slammed shut and made my way to the doors, where I saw my new family waiting. A pretty young wife, a well dressed father and the kid I was to be looking after, who was extremely cute. I crouched down and shook his hand. 

"Hello", he said.


:)
 

2 comments:

  1. May I please see your pics.You sound so GENIAL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I please see your pics.You sound so GENIAL.

    ReplyDelete